14. I understand and agree there is to be no selling, sporting, business use or rehoming of Palomacy Birds.
15. I will notify Palomacy if I move or change telephone numbers.
16. If for any reason, I am unable to keep the Bird, I will immediately notify Palomacy to discuss the future of the Bird. (This is not desired; we expect that you are providing a forever home!). I will not give the Bird to anyone else without the approval of Palomacy. In addition, I will be responsible for any charges for shipping or any other expenses incurred if returning the Bird to Palomacy.
17. I understand that birds sometimes show aggression and I fully release Palomacy, its employees, agents, officers, volunteers, and directors from any and all liability for injuries to any person or pet occurring during my ownership of the Bird.
18. I understand that birds can carry diseases including psittacosis and avian tuberculosis that can be transmitted to humans, that some infections can be serious and, in rare cases, fatal. I understand that infected birds may not exhibit symptoms and that it is not always possible to recognize disease-carrying birds.
19. I understand that immune-compromised individuals are at higher risk for infection from disease-carrying birds and that for this reason, Palomacy recommends that such individuals not adopt birds. Compromised immune systems can result from SKIDS, AIDS, ARC, latent HIV infection, cancer, treatment with cortisone, medication for organ transplant rejection, and chemotherapy treatment.
20. I fully release Palomacy, its employees, agents, officers, volunteers, and directors from any and all liability for exposure to animal-transmitted diseases and in the case that transmission occurs from the Bird adopted from Palomacy.
21. I will allow Palomacy to examine and make inquiry about the Bird at any reasonable time. I will return the Bird to Palomacy if Palomacy, in its sole discretion, determines that the Bird is not receiving proper care.
22. Failure to comply with this Contract constitutes a breach of this Contract.
This agreement embodies the entire agreement and understanding between myself and Palomacy and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings. Neither this Agreement nor any provision hereof may be changed, waived, discharged, or terminated orally. Any such change, waiver, discharge, or termination may be effected only by an instrument in writing signed by the party against which enforcement of such change, waiver, discharge, or termination is sought. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. If any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement, and this Agreement shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision were not contained herein. If legal action is instituted due to any breach of this agreement, I agree to pay reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs incurred by Palomacy. This agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be deemed to be an original instrument, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument.
I understand that the adoption fee of $10/bird is for the Bird ONLY and does not include cage or other accessories.
As adopter of this animal, I represent that I have never been subject to legal action for cruelty to or neglect of animals. I further represent that I have never owned an animal which has been confiscated by any animal control or humane organization for violations of state or local animal control regulations.
I, as Adopter of this Bird, certify that I have never been charged with or convicted of bird abuse or neglect in California or in any other state. I certify that no one in the household where this Bird will reside has been charged with or convicted of bird abuse or neglect in California or in any other state.